Michigan Veteran Homes' 'Make a Veteran Smile Campaign' brings joy to veteran members around the Christmas holiday period.
LANSING, Mich. — Michigan Veteran Homes’ ‘Make a Veteran Smile Campaign’ encourages Michiganders to spread holiday cheer by sending a letter, banner or food tray liners with coloring or personal messages to veteran members.
“Sending a letter to our members is another way the community can share appreciation and support for veterans around the holidays,” said Tiffany Carr, community engagement coordinator for Michigan Veteran Homes (MVH). “For some of our members who do not have close friends or family, this might be the only message they receive around the holidays.”
Here are a few helpful guidelines for holiday messages:
- Include a personal note in each card.
- Do not include envelopes.
- Use large writing and dark ink.
- Large format cards or banners that can be displayed or hung are acceptable.
- Standard paper food tray liners with coloring or personal messages are a great alternative to cards and letters as they are utilized during every meal service.
Letters can be addressed to ATTN: Make a Vet Smile and hand-delivered or mailed to:
- Michigan Veteran Homes at Chesterfield Township at 47901 Sugarbush Rd., Chesterfield Township, MI 48047.
- Michigan Veteran Homes at Grand Rapids at 2950 Monroe Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505.
- Michigan Veteran Homes D.J. Jacobetti at 425 Fisher St., Marquette, MI 49855.
For more information or questions about supporting MVH with an in-kind donation, contribution to the charitable support fund or a donation to help fund a capital campaign, please contact Ryan Engle, director of development and strategic engagement for MVH at firstname.lastname@example.org.