Need a new recipe...
WCSG has ideas for dinner, a family get together, or holiday celebration compiled right here. We've compiled some great tried and true recipes from our staff and other friends of the ministry for you. Take a look and try something new today.
Christmas Tree Tostada
This colorful Tree Tostada is made with ground beef, onions, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, green pepper and tomatoes. Hey kids, put a little Mexican into your Christmas.
You will need:
* 1 pound hamburger
* 1 package taco seaoning mix (enough for 1 pound hamburger)
* 6 small flour tortillas
* 1 green peper, seeded and diced
* 1 tomatoe, diced
* 1/2 cup sliced black olives
* 1/2 cup sliced green olives
* 6 ounces sliced Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
* 3 cups shredded lettuce
* sour cream
* taco sauce
* 1) Preheat oven to 350°
* 2) Prepare hamburger with taco seasoning mix, according to package directions.
* 3) Cut tortillas into tree shapes as shown, discarding the shaded areas.
* 4) With a spoon, spread 1/3 cup hamburger mixture evenly over each tortilla. Leave a 1/2 inch border of tortilla all the way around each tostada.
* 5) Use green pepers, tomatoes, and olives to decorate tostadas like christmas trees.
* 6) Arrange the cheese on each tostada in a zigzag pattern to make garland.
* 7) Use a spatula to place tostadas on a baking sheet. (You will probably be able to bake two at a time.) Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
* 8) Place tostadas on serving plates. Arrange lettuce at the bottom of each tostadas to make a tree skirt.
* 9) Serve tostada with sour cream and taco sauce.