WCSG News

Bad fridge causes deadly fire - Jan 21st, 2014 - Local

Investigators believe that a deadly fire over the weekend, that claimed the life of a Walker man, was the result of a defective refrigerator. The Walker Fire Department was called to the home on Needham Court. The fire department says the fire likely smoldered for some time before breaking out in the kitchen of 66-year-old John Lillis Jr. The man, who used a wheelchair, was not able to escape safely , even with the help of neighbors.