WCSG News

Authorities rescue 3 overcome in Michigan home - Apr 15th, 2013 - State

— Authorities say they rescued an Illinois man and his two children after they apparently were overcome by carbon monoxide in southwestern Michigan.

The Van Buren County sheriff's department says it went to a home in Keeler Township Sunday night after the man's wife called asking that authorities check on the man and his sons, ages 11 and 13.

The man's wife told authorities they were expected home Sunday morning. Deputies found the 11-year-old asleep in a living room. They got him to open the door, and a deputy awakened the father. The 13-year-old had been asleep on a bathroom floor.

The boys were in stable condition at a hospital; their father was treated and released. Names and their hometown weren't released.

Authorities say a furnace problem may be to blame.