Need a new recipe...
WCSG has ideas for dinner, a family get together, or holiday celebration compiled right here. We've compiled some great tried and true recipes from our staff and other friends of the ministry for you. Take a look and try something new today.
Rye Bread Party Pizzas
" Very easy little pizzas to make -- my family counts on them for New Year's Eve! This recipe uses plenty of melted cheese, a dash of Worcestershire sauce and a dash of ketchup, all mixed with beef and sausage. Perfect for preparing ahead and freezing! "
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork sausage
1 pound processed cheese food
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 (1 pound) loaf cocktail rye bread
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a medium baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2) Place ground beef and ground pork sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
3) Place processed cheese food in a large, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 3 to 4 minutes, or until processed cheese food is melted.
4) Into the bowl with melted processed cheese food, mix Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. When thoroughly blended, mix in beef and pork.
5) Place approximately 2 tablespoons of the mixture on each slice of cocktail rye bread.
6) Arrange cocktail rye bread slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.