Need a new recipe...
WCSG has ideas for dinner, a family get together, or holiday celebration compiled right here. We've compiled some great tried and true recipes from our staff and other friends of the ministry for you. Take a look and try something new today.
Chicken Pot Pie
A tasty dinner, especially on a cold day.
2 1/2 - 3 c Flour
1/2 c Margarine, softened
1/2 c Crisco
-- Blend with fork or pastry blender then add
2 t Celery seeds
7-8 T Water
1/3 c Margarine, melted
1/3 c Flour
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 can Chicken broth
2/3 c Milk
2 c Chicken, cut up
10 oz Pkg Peas and carrots (corn also works)
1. Seperate dough into 2 equal parts, roll out and place one in pie pan and set other aside for the top.
2. Heat margarine, adding flour, salt and pepper.
3. Stir in broth, milk, and stir for 1 minute.
4. Add chicken and vegetables and heat to a boil.
5. Pour into pastry lined pie plate, add top crust, crimp edges, and place foil edging over top crust.
6. Bak at 425 degrees for 30 - 35 min. Remove foil for the last 10 minutes.