Need a new recipe...
WCSG has ideas for dinner, a family get together, or holiday celebration compiled right here. We've compiled some great tried and true recipes from our staff and other friends of the ministry for you. Take a look and try something new today.
Chocolate-dipped Apple Slices
Hey kids, this dessert is easy to make and it is made with mom's fresh apples and sweet chocolate chips. You got to try this one.
# 2 tablespoons lemon juice
# 2 cups water
# 3 large apples, cored and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
# 1 cup chocolate chips
# 3 tablespoons butter or
# 1 bottle prepared hardening chocolate sauce (such as Magic Shell)
* 1) Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
* 2) In a large bowl, combine lemon juice and water. Place apples in lemon juice mixture. Toss to coat apples with lemon juice mixture. Set aside.
* 3) If you don't have a microwave, skip this step and use hardening chocolate instead. Place chocolate chip and butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir well. If chocolate is not completely melted, microwave on high for 20 seconds more and stir. Repeat until chips are melted.
* 4) Place apple slices on a paper towel and pat dry with another paper towel.
* 5) If you made your own chocolate sauce, dip apple slices halfway into chocolate mixture and place on baking sheet. If you are using hardening chocolate sauce, arrange apple slices on baking sheet and drizzle with chocolate.
* 6) Refrigerate apple slices for about 1 hour or until chocolate has set.
Makes 30 apple slices
If the chocolate mixture begins to set before you are finished dipping the apples, microwave on high for about 20 seconds and stir.