11.10.14: Study: Hundreds of kids harmed by detergent ‘pods’
UNDATED (AP) — Accidental poisonings from squishy laundry detergent packets called pods have landed more than 700 U.S. children in the hospital in just two years.
An analysis of poison center data for 2012 and 2013 shows that there were more than 17,000 poison center calls about the products involving children younger than 6.
Most children weren’t seriously harmed. But some of those who were hospitalized suffered seizures and some fell into a coma. One even died last year.
The analysis is in today’s Pediatrics online.